Your participation in the Tour du Rouge supports American Red Cross Chapters along the Gulf Coast from Houston to New Orleans.
- The American Red Cross provides emergency assistance when people are forced from their homes by fires, floods or other disasters.
- Military families stay connected through American Red Cross Emergency Communication.
- American Red Cross CPR and First Aid courses teach people to save a life, while American Red Cross swim lessons help protect our children's lives.
- The vast majority of these services are provided by our trained and dedicated volunteers, the heart of the American Red Cross. The American Red Cross is neighbors helping neighbors.
- The American Red Cross is not a government agency and receives its financial support through donations from the American public.
As you ride along the Gulf Coast, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you are helping your neighbors by making life better in these communities.
- Ride Dates: May 4 - 9, 2014
- 533 miles total, average ride of 88 miles per day
- Rest Stops every 20-25 miles
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks provided
- Evening entertainment and educational content
- Double occupancy motel accommodations provided
- Fully Supported with SAG vehicles, Mechanical and First Aid Support
- Bus trip back to Houston provided
- Bicycle transport back to Houston provided
- Limited to 150 riders
Coming from out of town?
- Your bike shipping box/crate will travel with you from the start to the finish
- Bikes may be shipped to our support bike shop for assembly before the tour
- Mechanics will be available at the finish to help repack your bike for shipping
- Nonrefundable registration fee $100
- Minimum Fundraising requirement $2,500
- Personal fundraising website will be provided
- Fundraising support and guidance will be provided
- Experienced Rider
- Should be able to ride 80 miles at 15 mph not including rest stop time
|Saturday May 3||Send Off Party in Houston|
|Sunday May 4||Houston to Beaumont||88 miles|
|Monday May 5||Beaumont to Sulphur||92 miles|
|Tuesday May 6||Sulphur to Abbeville||109 miles|
|Wednesday May 7||Abbeville to Morgan City||77 miles|
|Thursday May 8||Morgan City to Gonzales||85 miles|
|Friday May 9||Gonzales to New Orleans||81 miles|
|Friday PM||Victory Party in New Orleans|
|Saturday May 10||Bus return to Houston|
|Weekend||Optional stay in New Orleans|