Join us for the 9th Tour du Rouge from the Bayou City to the Crescent City. Last year's ride was a huge success and we've made changes to improve it. But don't take our word, read some of the comments from last year's Facebook page or watch this video of a prior Tour.
This six-day, push-your-limits ride along the Gulf Coast is limited to 100 riders in 2017. But it isn't all be hard work, each night you will enjoy good food and entertainment with your fellow riders.
Your participation in the Tour du Rouge supports The Arc of Greater Houston.
- The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
- The Arc acts to ensure that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their parents, siblings, family members and other concerned members of the public have meaningful opportunities to inform and guide the direction of the organization’s advocacy, including determining policy and positions on important issues. The Arc strives for diversity in its leadership, as well as in all facets of the work of the organization.
- The Arc leads by articulating a positive vision for the future of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and catalyzes public and private support in realization of that vision through carefully planned and well-executed goals, strategies and actions.
- The Arc represents the public interest, supporting and acting with and on behalf of all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families regardless of the type of disability or membership in The Arc.
As you ride along the Gulf Coast, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you are helping The Arc fulfill their mission.
- Ride Dates: May 7 - 12, 2017
- 535 miles total, average ride of 89 miles per day
- Rest Stops every 20-25 miles
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Rest Stop Snacks provided
- Evening entertainment and educational content
- Double occupancy motel accommodations provided
- Fully Supported with SAG vehicles, Mechanical and First Aid Support
- Bus trip back to Houston provided
- Bicycle transport back to Houston provided
- Nonrefundable registration fee $100
- Minimum Fundraising requirement $2,500
- Personal fundraising website will be provided
- Fundraising support and guidance will be provided
- Experienced Rider
- Should be able to ride 80 miles at 15 mph average including stops
|Saturday May 6||Send Off Party in Houston|
|Sunday May 7||Humble to Beaumont||89 miles|
|Monday May 8||Beaumont to Sulfur||92 miles|
|Tuesday May 9||Sulfur to Lafayette||101 miles|
|Wednesday May 10||Lafayette to Morgan City||87 miles|
|Thursday May 11||Morgan City to Gonzales||86 miles|
|Friday May 12||Gonzales to New Orleans||79 miles|
|Friday PM||Victory Party in New Orleans|
|Saturday May 13||Bus return to Houston|
|Weekend May 13-14||Optional stay in New Orleans|
Click HERE to Register for the 2017 Tour du Rouge.